Wednesday

Being Hidden


When I was as child, I did not have many friends until the fifth grade. In that time, I also was dealing with my parents divorce and other past events. I felt lonely during the school day. Although those years were hard, they were extremely valuable. This is when I grew close to the Lord, started learning who I was, as well as learned to focus. During this time, Jesus was my friend. I knew the Lord was there with me. 

The Lord gave me wisdom; taught me many things. He helped me through my troubles. After a while, I learned to find peace in my quiet time. Today, I search for quiet time with the Lord every day. The times where you feel hidden and alone, are really times when God wants your attention. He's growing you in those times. Take the time to acknowledge His presence and grow close to the Father.

It can be frustrating when at one moment you're seen by others then the next moment you feel hidden. I've been through it; I am reminded that these are times of growth. It can be hard to be patient after a long time of being hidden; this is when faith and trust are needed. Even though it's tempting to give up, being faithful when no one is watching is most important. The times in the desert are times of preparation for an upcoming promotion. 

Book of Study:

Exodus (Israel's journey in the wilderness); 1 Samuel 16

Verse of the Day:

Colossians 3:23 (ESV) "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men."

No comments:

Post a Comment

*please note: This is a place of peace, not discourse. All comments should be for all audiences; if they are inappropriate or aimed at hurting another commenter, do Not post it or you Will be removed. Hate speech of any kind is Not permitted.