Tuesday

Jesus Is The Answer


As a kid I did not work well with other kids. I could not last more than 10 minutes in a group without arguing with someone. There was something that constantly longed for my attention, insecurity. Because of my insecurity, I wanted control of things that I could. I often felt like I was not important, and no one cared about what I said. I felt constantly spoken over by others, and I had some events transpire in my younger years that triggered a lot of what I was feeling. 

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade I got fed up with myself. Something inside me was telling me 'you have to stop trying to control everything. It's ok to trust others.' This was one of those life changing moments for me; the Lord was at work in my life. I distinctly remember one of the final projects of the year for English. I worked with someone I didn't know; I was very hesitant. I challenged myself to not argue with them throughout the entirety of the project. When it was done, I felt I had matured emotionally.  

At the end, when our projects were evaluated, the teacher spoke to each student regarding their project. Came my turn and I was asked, "What did you learn from this project?" I distinctly remember saying, "I learned I can work with others without arguing." My grade for the project went up many points because I had said that; in my heart it was true. I will never forget that day. 

Today, when I fall into the trap of arguing, I remind myself that was the old me. I am made new in Christ. I am not that insecure, little kid who felt invisible. I am being transformed, overtime, by the Lord. The Holy Spirit is my guide.I am still working on constructive communication and trusting others, but I am changing with the help of the Lord. "Apart from him I can do nothing." I need Jesus every day, we all do. Only God can change us; we are weak, but we are strong in Christ

Verse of the Day:

2 Corinthians 5:17 (ESV), "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

God loves you! John 3:16 (NIV),"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." The moment we accept Jesus Christ as our savior, our sins are forgiven and we are made new. Life as a follower of Christ is a journey; it's about a relationship with the Lord. He does not leave us alone; he wants to be actively involved in our lives. He helps us in our weakness, and guides us every day. He helps us grow and learn from our mistakes. It is the Holy Spirit who gives us wisdom and understanding. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

*please note: This is a place of peace, not discourse. All comments should be for all audiences; if they are inappropriate or aimed at hurting another commenter, do Not post it or you Will be removed. Hate speech of any kind is Not permitted.