Wednesday

Wait on the Lord

There's nothing more frustrating than having to wait. Waiting has it's purpose, though; as explained in Ecclesiastes 3, there is a time for everything. Each season has its purpose, so don't be discouraged. God is always working. 

One time, I asked the Lord if I and someone I knew would have a better relationship. Sometimes, I felt bullied by this person and I wanted to make things work for the sake of someone I loved. I knew the Lord called me to forgive this person; I needed to make amends. I waited years for this prayer to be answered. When it was time, they apologized to me, and, to this day, we have a much better relationship than we used to. This took time and work; in my time of waiting I had to keep my eyes open and wait expectantly. (Don't give up on people; others can tell just by how you act around them. It doesn't do any good, and it doesn't help them. It helps them when they know someone believes in them.)

Similarly, I am in a season of waiting right now. I have a dream to change lives: I want to publish a book, go on mission trips, and more. Right now, though, I am in school and I'm a blogger. My first year of college was an exhausting one. I was tired of school; I wanted to start living my dreams right then, instantly. But, I had to wait for God's timing, push through and continue school. While I am waiting, I am doing what I can do: staying in faith, growing spiritually, studying the Bible, praying, blogging, going to school, and constantly working to improve myself. God has used this time of waiting to grow me. I have grown a lot over this last year; it was growth that I needed.

It's so important to stay in faith! Do not doubt; just because your dreams are taking longer than you think they should does NOT mean God has forgotten. Trust in God's timing. It can be hard, I've been there, but don't give up. Wait and trust in the Lord. What's one thing you're waiting for? I encourage you to change your perspective. Instead of being frustrated, see it as a time to grow, draw close to God, and listen. 

Verse of the Day:

Isaiah 40:31 (ESV), "but they who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up on wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment

*please note: This is a place of peace, not discourse. All comments should be for all audiences; if they are inappropriate or aimed at hurting another commenter, do Not post it or you Will be removed. Hate speech of any kind is Not permitted.