Wednesday

Be Confident in Yourself; Make a Small Impact Decision


Who are you?

I know who I am, and that is someone who wants to better the world. I am constantly faced with the mocking question of how am I going to do this. I just graduated high school, and what scares me is that I already know what I want to do with my life. Problem is the begging question of how am I going to get there. Guess it's part of life, there's no fun in walking a straight line. Even if I am the only one walking the path that is set before me, I will not give up. 

Leaders, followers and learners are all important. Followers are those who back the leader up and give that person power to make decisions. Without people, leaders are useless. I have been in this position many times before and there is power in being in this position. For instance, in marching band, students are 'followers' and the leader would be drum majors. Drum majors create the tempo for each song and provide ques to the musical directions, but without the followers compliance, drum majors would not be leading. When just one person of the group goes missing, the entire musical/visual performance is effected. Without the drum majors, there would be no set tempo which leads to no synchronous movement in the group.

In my life, I learned that it is useless to wait for someone else to step up. If you feel you need to be doing something positive, do it. Don't wait for someone else to start before you move. I have found that when this happens, there are many people who have the same mentality which ends up being a 'stale mate'. How would anything get done without leaders who are willing to be brave and make the first step. These people know who they are and find courage in that knowledge. They take the opportunities presented to them and step up.

Learners are those who are in the process of finding themselves. They kind of float between leadership and follower positions. Everyone is always learning, therefore we are always in this position.

Everyone in life is important. We all play different roles in our lives, floating back and forth from follower to leader. Each day we choose what to do with our present opportunities. I challenge you to step up and do something that positively impacts the environment. Do something for someone else, pick up litter, or check up on a friend/family member you have not talked to in a while.

Question of the Day:

What is one way you can be a leader today? 

Step out to contribute positively to the world.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

*please note: This is a place of peace, not discourse. All comments should be for all audiences; if they are inappropriate or aimed at hurting another commenter, do Not post it or you Will be removed. Hate speech of any kind is Not permitted.