Monday

God is With You


This is a message that has been burning within me. I read Haggai chapter 1-2 and felt the Holy Spirit say something very important, "I am with you." Haggai 2:4-5 (ESV), "Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the Lord. Work, for I am with you, declares the Lord of hosts, according to the covenant that I made with you when you came out of Egypt. My spirit remains in your midst. Fear not." Compromise with the world is dangerous; pleasing God should be most important in our lives. When we know God is with us, especially in the hard times, we can be courageous enough to do the right thing even when it's hard. 

These last few weeks have been hard for me. I was faced with a choice, to live in willful ignorance or face my weaknesses. When faced with choices between ignorance and knowledge, choose knowledge. Even though it was painful in accepting my weaknesses, I know the Lord was with me which gave me strength. Draw strength and courage in knowing God is with you through it all. In the good places and the bad. The times of success and times of failure. He is the good Father; he will not leave you no matter what. He knows our weakness and every mistake we have and will ever make; he loves us and accepts all of who we are. He knows all our struggles; we can trust him to help us.

It is more important now more than before that we stick to the truth of God's word. I went through a season where I constantly fought negative thoughts against myself; I had to hold fast to the Lord's promises. God's word is a weapon against the enemy's lies. Professing and meditating on God's word is essential in this time period. The more we draw closer to God, the more we will walk in love.

Profess and share the good news of the gospel; walk in love. "What ever you do, do all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31 (ESV). Stepping out in faith can be scary, but knowing God is with you enables you to push through the fear. Don't run from the pain or fear or trouble, what ever you are facing. God is with you; he will not leave you. Push through, and trust in the Lord's provision.

Verse of the Day:

“I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.”

- Isaiah 49:15-16 (NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

*please note: This is a place of peace, not discourse. All comments should be for all audiences; if they are inappropriate or aimed at hurting another commenter, do Not post it or you Will be removed. Hate speech of any kind is Not permitted.