Tuesday

Act in Faith

I am not always good at communication and some things that fall under the ‘common sense’ category. But, I love Jesus and I’m constantly seeking him. I find the more I rely on the Holy Spirit, the better I am at day to day things. The Holy Spirit is here to be with us, comfort us, council us, and guide us. I do not dare to start my day without first saying, "Lord, help me." Sometimes, I can feel his guidance, and other times that 'feeling' is not there. When that happens I have to remember to act in faith, for his promises will always stand. 

This past season, I have been growing in listening to the Holy Spirit, as well as walking in faith. There are times when you get that ‘feeling’ when the Holy Spirit is guiding you; then, there are other times when you don’t get that ‘feeling’. Key word here: feeling. As followers of Christ, we are called to walk in faith, not by sight or feelings. This means that even when we don’t get that ‘feeling’ we know the Lord is with us, always. 

Walking in faith means doing what you know to do, especially in the times when you feel no one is looking. Back to my example, yesterday the Lord spoke to my heart about something very important: he will never leave and he will never give up on his children! I know it’s frustrating when your prayers seem unanswered. You want to improve; you want to change, yet it ‘feels’ like you’ve been left. Let me reassure you, you are NOT left! Please, do NOT entertain doubt. 

When doubt comes in, replace it with the word of God. This past week, I have been re-reading his promises. I have not only read them, but I am meditating on them. All the verses I have read, I wrote on flash cards. Throughout the day, I will read the flash cards to continue to meditate on his promises. Pray today that the Lord speak to your heart and let him lead you to scripture. Be open and honest with him, he’s looking for us to continually seek him. (Did you know that continuing to pray and seek God is an act of faith.?) Repent for any doubt, then let his word encourage you. 

Write the verses you read on flash cards. Take those flash cards with you to work, the store, and everywhere you go. Below are some books and chapters the Lord has lead me to; I will not put a verse on this post because I want you to do your own study. (Spending time with God is super fun! Especially when the Spirit leads you to read a certain verse then that verse gets confirmed the fallowing week, it's amazing! His word brings healing to your soul!)

Chapters to Study:

Isaiah 54, Isaiah 51, Psalm 37, Psalm 34, Psalm 27, Psalm 23

Personal Letter to All: 

To those to fear abandonment: I understand how you feel, I battle the same fear. But, when it comes to God I do not fear. Neither should you. Trust me when I say, God will never abandon you. Talk to the Lord, give your fear to him; he understands. Let him reassure you. I pray this post blesses those who read it, and you gain strength and encouragement from the word of God. I pray that the Lord reassure you that he will never leave you nor will he give up on you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

*please note: This is a place of peace, not discourse. All comments should be for all audiences; if they are inappropriate or aimed at hurting another commenter, do Not post it or you Will be removed. Hate speech of any kind is Not permitted.