Wednesday

Trust God


In my post: Jesus is the Answer, I spoke about constantly arguing with my peers and trying to control situations. I also spoke about being a new creation in Christ. One of the ways we are changed is that we, as believers, are given the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is our guide and comforter. 

For me, when I start to want to argue or control situations, I have lost sight of who's really in charge. God is our provider and he is sovereign; our trust should be in him. Trying to control shows mistrust; God isn't asking us to trust people, but instead to trust Him. 

This is especially true when God is asking you to do something that you don't want to. I remember a little bit ago, when I had lost trust in someone. I was having a hard time forgiving them. I was thinking, I don't know if I can trust this person again. I felt an impression that said, "I'm not asking you to trust them, I am asking you to trust me." Remembering that, I forgave them.

Our trust is in God, who is our provider and vindicator. We need to lean on Him and fallow the Holy Spirit. When we do, we grow closer to Him. I challenge you to trust God, and do what you know he's asked you to. You know, the forgiveness or dream you've been putting off because of fear. Fallow the Holy Spirit. Then, watch and see what the Lord does. You’ll be amazed! 

Verses of the Week:

Isaiah 54:4 (ESV), "Fear not, for you will not be ashamed; be not confounded, for you will not be disgraced; for you will forget the shame of your youth, and the reproach of your widowhood you will not remember."

Isaiah 41:10 (ESV), "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  

Chapters of Study:

Isaiah 54, Isaiah 51, Isaiah 41

No comments:

Post a Comment

*please note: This is a place of peace, not discourse. All comments should be for all audiences; if they are inappropriate or aimed at hurting another commenter, do Not post it or you Will be removed. Hate speech of any kind is Not permitted.